Trinity's new graduate certificate in urban planning is offered through the master's program in Public Policy, cross-listed with the Urban Studies program. Courses taken as part of the certificate will count towards a Master's degree in Public Policy if the student chooses to pursue a Master's degree while pursuing the certificate, or at the completion of the certificate program.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The certificate requires 2 core courses and 2 elective courses for a total of 4 courses. The courses are as follows:
- URST 833/433/PBPL 833 Intro to Urban Planning
- URST 874/PBPL 874 Public Policy Practicum, or
- URST 820/320/PBPL 820 Urban Research Practicum
- URST 302/PBPL 802 Global Cities
- URST 805/AMST 805 Meds, Eds, Slots, and Stadiums
- URST 821/321/PBPL 821 Geographies of Transport
- URST 869/PBPL 869 Leadership in the Policy Arena
- URST 860/PBPL 860 Public Management
Course descriptions are available on the course schedule page.
Please visit the Admissions page for more information about applying.
Please Note: Current Trinity graduate students interested in the graduate certificate program in Urban Planning should speak with professors Kevin McMahon and Garth Myers for information on enrolling in the program.
Read more about the program in the Center for Urban and Global Studies blog.